This mini-course is designed to help you learn and master the physics topic of linear momentum. You will learn about how to find linear momentum. We will talk about the impulse-momentum theorem. Finally we will discuss the conservation of momentum.
Linear Momentum Course Outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able…
- To write down the definition of momentum.
- To use the definition of momentum to determine the momentum, mass, and/or speed of an object when given sufficient information.
- To derive the impulse-momentum theorem from Newton’s Second Law.
- To derive the conservation of momentum equation for a system of two objects.
- To solve simple collision or explosion problems by utilizing the conservation of momentum.